Babydoll lingerie has been a popular lingerie choice for women dating back 1950s. Baby dolls are perfect for women of all shapes, sizes and ages because they exude youthful vibrance and innocence. The classic babydoll styles are usually sleeveless, short negligees reaching only on the mid-thigh or a even higher, with a loose-fitting skirt and molded cups. Aside from the common chiffon and silk fabrics, babyolls are available in different styles today. There are babydolls in sheer fabrics, animal print babydolls and lacy babydolls with ruffle trimmings, ribbons, bows, lace, or sometimes even fur. This type of lingerie also screams SEXY especially when you team it up with matching thongs or G-strings.
Before you hit the shops for that perfect babydoll lingerie, you might want to be armed with some valuable facts about the stuff you’re about to buy. Here are some tips in choosing the right babydoll lingerie.
1. Women used to go the stores to buy their lingerie. But they soon grow wary of the eliciting distaste from the sales clerks or the other shoppers. Today, there are many options in shopping for lingerie. If you feel a bit off about buying lingerie pieces in public, where your buying preferences are for everyone else to see, you may search online in the privacy and solace of your home. There are different lingerie websites available for you, and getting that babydoll is just a few clicks away.
2. Study your bust line and opt for lingerie that compliments it. For those who have smaller busts, go for lingerie with plunging necklines and push-up or padded cups to enhance and lift your breasts. For women who are gifted with fuller breasts, scoop necklines are best for you. If you are petite, go for tamed-down pieces; avoid too much ruffles in the neckline as this may tend to outdo your face and bust line.
3. Size matters all the time. Take time to try on lingerie pieces until you find the right size for you. There’s no “too small” or “too big”; there’s just the perfect fit. You wouldn’t want your lingerie to hang limply on your body or to hug your body tightly it almost suffocates you.
4. Color is the first thing that catches the eye so make sure you get the right color and pattern. The color of your lingerie should compliment your skin tone and hair color, just like when you are shopping for your clothes. Exotic prints are okay, but be careful not to overdo it.
5. Consider the fabrics. If you intend to wear your babydoll lingerie often, you may want to opt for softer fabrics. Silk may not be the best option. You may choose nylon instead as this can be washed anytime.